Artist of the week

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

FOG


-Who are you?
My Name is Jake and I'm from London but i'm currently on a quest travelling around the world.


- Why did you choose this pseudonym, "FOG"?
FOG was originally a doom band a friend of me played in and we made a soundcloud - I ended up just uploading beats to it and it all went from there.


-Why do you make music and what does it mean for you?
I mainly make music to stop me from being bored or if i'm feeling down or whatever.


- How would you define your sound?
Forever changing, I'm currently working on loads of new stuff.

-Talking about the compositions of your songs: how and where they born?
Different samples, different sounds whatever, i don't know to be honest.


-What genres and artists influenced your music the most?
Probably like, uh, lots of Norwegian 1st and 2nd wave black metal bands, UK music as a whole, I think there's a great spectrum of house/garage/whatever emerging at the moment and has been steadily for a while.

-You come from UK. What do you think about the music coming from your country and how how do you see yourself in relation to them?
Well, I'm not near as talented as half of the people that are making music in the UK right now, but I try and keep up.

-What's your favourite artist and song?
Black Cascade by Wolves In the Throne Room or Cosmia by Joanna Newsom - But I wouldn't be able to tell you what my favourite song is.


-Who do you think are the most relevant musicians nowadays and who are you listening to the most?
Everyone, I'm currently listening to a Boards of Canada record as I write this but earlier I was trawling soundcloud and listening to my dashboard - Everything is great.

-How much does the live element matter in your music?
 It doesn't really - I just throw a bunch of stuff together in my bedroom and if you like it you like it.


-If you could pick an artist or a band to play with on a stage, who would you choose?
Not particularly interested in live sets from myself at the moment, who know's what may happen though 
FOG WEB PAGE

-What do you think about the music industry nowadays?
Saturated? I don't know - some good people get noticed - lots of bad people get noticed and vice versa, you need to hunt for the gems I find these days.

- We read that you have collaborated for the "London Fashion Week". Talk us.
I made some music that got featured on runway's and promotional videos for both London and Paris.

-What is the message that you'd like to express to the people who listen to your music?
If it makes you feel something then listen and let me know, if not, that's cool too.

-What is your favourite book and movie?
Lord of the Rings

-How and where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
No idea to be honest.

-Pc or Mac?
Mac

-Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Stones all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment