Artist of the week

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Lad and The Others

The Lad and The Others Facebook Fanpage
-Hi The Lad and The Others! Let's start with the name of the band, why did you choose this?
Hi, I'm Alex from The Lad and The Others, I'm glad to talk with you about the band. We choose this name because it's cool and sounds good, we love it.
-Why do you make music and what does it mean for you?
I personally make music since I was 16. I don't know exactly what is the process that brings me to write a song, all I know is that's important for me, is life that become music as for everyone in this band. We also do it for the money, we want to be rich! (laugh)
- Talking about your new album "Lightout Tales".
This is our first work together, we're totally proud! Lighthouse Tales is for us the boat that leaves the port and sail away to nowhere. It means so much for us just because we started something, a new beginning, direction unknown. It smells of dreams and that's so important for us.
-Talking about the compositions of your songs: how and where they born? Do you have a favourite?
I write songs in every place. When I was young I used to write songs in the bathroom because of my family, I don't know, maybe I was just young and insecure. Now during a road trip, I love road trips. Together we work in studio, our second home, we spend many time there, is the coolest place in the world because we are such a family.
- How would you define your sound?
As Marco says every time: "Woody, sweet, biting, floating". We all agree with him.
-What genres and artists influenced your music the most?
No artists, no genres in particular. Everyone in this band got his personal music background made of genres and artists completely different from the other one, what you listen is what we are together. Luca and Marco loves metal or similar, Simone mexican folk music. I've got no ears.
-You come from Rome (Italy). What do you think about the music coming from your country and how how do you see yourself in relation to them?
Good bands, bad bands.. We don't wanna talk about other bands, it's your job! (laugh) We just can talk about us, listen to The Lad and The Others, they surely are a good band at all.
-What's your favourite artist and song?
That's so personal.. "I'm only sleeping" is my favorite song of all the time.
-Who do you think are the most relevant musicians nowadays and who are you listening to the most?
In a "Pop" world, it's hard to say who's the best, "who got the most expensive distribution and the cheapest production?" it's the right question. Anyway, Frank Turner is the artists I'm listening in these days, I really like him and his music but of course Noel Gallagher is the most relevant musician at the moment.
-How much does the live element matter in your music?
The live show is the most important thing for us. We meet the crowd and little or big it remains the boss. Every show is a great moment for us. 
-If you could pick an artist or a band to play with on a stage, who would you choose?
Nobody, we're in love with our sound! (laugh) If we have to choose, surely Sid Vicious because he doesn't really play the bass and it means no variations!
-What do you think about the music industry nowadays?
Less artists, less quality, less investments, less products; what do you think about the music industry nowadays?
-What is the message that you'd like to express to the people who listen to your music?
We haven't a message, we aren't Messiahs! (laugh) We talk about what we live, what we need. The way we are is concrete, true; this is what you can find listening to our music our having a beer with us. We haven't a message but we'd like people find out the way we are.
-What is your favourite book and movie?
Marco's favourite book is "High Fidelity" by Nick Hornby, we talked about that book days ago. I'm blind, I can't read but my favorite movie of all the time is The Snatch by Guy Ritchie, it inspired long part of my life.
-How and where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
Rich and famous, surely on Sunset Boulevard, obvy! No mustaches, We promise.
-Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Beatles.

No comments:

Post a Comment