Artist of the week

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

M.O.O.N.

Stephen aka M.O.O.N.

-Who are you?
My name is Stephen.

-Why “M.O.O.N.”?
I couldn't come up with a better name and I needed one to release under.

-Let’s talk about your new EP “Particles”?
Particles took me a lot longer to finish than I anticipated. It's comprised of 'Delay', a track I made for the Together Festival here in Boston months earlier, 'Warehouse', a track I did with Glass Teeth, and two new songs, 'Dust', and 'Plus Four'.

-Your EP “MOON” is simply amazing. I love the first song “Paris”.  What’s the story behind the EP?
I had never released anything officially, like a cohesive piece of work, but I had these tracks that I thought were good and I wanted to put them out there. I came up with the name, a friend did the artwork, and I put it out. The response has been incredible, I didn't expect anyone to hear it.

Particles EP
-How would you describe your sound?
Eclectic electronic.

-Why do you make Music and what does it mean for you?
I make music because I like making music.

-Where and when did you start learn to play ?
I don't really know how to play an instrument very well. I started producing about 3 years ago.

-What's your favourite artist and song?
Favorite artist is probably Radiohead, it's kind of typical but they were a huge influence on me growing up, really one of the main catalysts for me entering electronic music.

MOON EP
-What genres and artists did influence your music?
Everything I hear influences me in some way. Some artists would be Gesafflestein, Kavinsky, Com Truise, Claude VonStroke, and Juan Maclean.

-How much the live element matters in your Music?
When I preform live the experience is the most important thing, I want each set to be unique. I don't plan a setlist, I just improvise with my tracks.


-Who do you think are the most relevant musicians nowadays?
I think Boston Bun, Disclosure, Bambounou, and Maelstrom are really changing house music right now.

-What is your favourite book and movie?
Favorite book of all time is probably Summerland by Michael Chabon. Favorite movie would have to be Reservoir Dogs.

-Are you working for a future releases?
I will have a new release early this year

-Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Beatles


follow us on Facebook and Tumblr

1 comment:

  1. M|O|ON is hands-down one of the best new electronic artists. Fantastic stuff.

    ReplyDelete