Artist of the week

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Mist Glider


facebook page
-Who are you?
 Mist Glider. I am from a sleepy beach town called Santa Cruz in California

-Why do you make Music and what does it mean for you?
 Aeropsia and I recently started a music collective called Sleepy Beach! 
 I am a music nerd. My friends and I geek out to songs we find on soundcloud. Music has so many different   meanings, but I make it because I like to paint pictures with sound.

-Where and when did you start learn to play?
 When I was 16 I picked up Logic and messed around with it for a year. Once I found Ableton Live I fell in love.   Never stopped making music since.

-What's your favourite artist and song?
My favorite artists are constantly changing.... At the moment, Mount Kimbie - Carbonated

-What genres and artists did influence your music?
Boards of Canada, Tycho, Shigeto, Mount Kimbie, Nine Inch Nails, Air, Massive Attack, Portishead, Bibio, Bonobo, Burial... to name a few

-How much the live element matters in your Music?
I have yet to play for an audience, but I am working on a live set :)

-What do you think about Music industry nowdays?
It is a two sided coin. There is good and bad in everything.

-What is the message that you'd like to express at the people Who listen to your Music?
Thanks so much for the support & listening to my tunes <3 i love you all.

-Who do you think are the most relevant musicians nowdays?
I admire Trent Reznor a great deal. Looking forward to the new BOC album? & the new Mount Kimbie album.

-What is your favourite book and movie?
Ender's Shadow  and Deliverance (1972)

-How and where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
Hopefully I am still alive. 

-Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Beatles.


follow us on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment