Artist of the week

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Holobody


Canadian Duo "Holobody" : Luke & Charlotte

-Who are you?

I am Luke Loseth. I make music as Holobody, joined by friends and family, including my sister Charlotte.

facebook fanpage
-Why do you make Music and what does it mean for you?
If the creative impulse can be explained, I'm not the one to do it - at least, not at this moment. I follow the impulse because I'd feel bad if I didn't. I also draw, paint, make collages and short films, write - any form of expression that's available to me. Each medium has it's strengths and weaknesses, but as long as they're coming from a place of truth then I'm happy. I just feel that I have to.

-Where and when did you start learn to play?
As a child I took lessons in piano and guitar, and progressed from there on my own. After graduating high school I began teaching myself how to record and produce, and continue to learn to this day.

-What genres and artists did influence your music?
I always loved and appreciated music growing up, listening to lots of classical, jazz, blues, etc. as a child - my parents were a great influence in this regard. But the first artists that made me want to make tunes of my own included Broken Social Scene, Arcade Fire, Animal Collective, Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, and the Shins, to name a few.

-How much the live element matters in your Music?
New EP MTL
When I was starting out - not at all. Recently, more and more. I haven't played live much, but I'm starting to put together a set based around live sequencing, which in turns influences my studio work. It's become a cycle, one influencing the other.

-What is the message that you'd like to express at the people Who listen to your Music?
Purity, goodness, truth, simplicity, love.

-What is your favourite book and movie?
I can't pick favourites. Right now I'm reading Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. The best movie I've seen recently was The Master, it really left a lasting impression on me.

-How and where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
Doing the same thing, but better.

 -Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Beatles.














1 comment:

  1. They're awesome. Thank you for making this.

    ReplyDelete