Artist of the week

Saturday, January 12, 2013

FpodBpod

FpodBpod
-Who are you?
I am Sean Olmstead, of fpodbpod

-Why do you make Music and what does it mean for you?
I make music in the pursuit of an aesthetic ideal. it's all about finding the disparate parts and putting the pieces together. 

-Why did you choose this name and what does it mean for you?
The name fpodbpod is an acronym i came up with years ago, when fpodbpod the band was still a twinkle in my dinkle. It's based on a silly joke which I rarely divulge.

-How do you think is the musical situation in the U.S?
I think there's a lot of great music in the US. There's some mediocre music, as well. shitty music too.

-Where and when did you start learn to play ?
I started playing music when I was around 13 (i'm 30 now), jamming on my mom's old guitar in my bedroom.

-What's your favourite artist and song?
My favorite song would probably be the theme to star trek: the next generation. I can't remember who wrote it off the top of my head.

-What genres and artists did influence your music?
I'd say fpodbpod is influenced by the whole gamut of musical genres, but mostly by the music featured in star trek: the next generation.

-How much the live element matters in your Music?
The live element of fpodbpod is extremely important to us. it's an entirely different sound and experience from our recordings.

-What do you think about Music industry nowdays?


I don't think about the music industry much.

-What is the message that you'd like to express at the people who listen to your music?
To the people who listen to our music, i'd like to say, "thanks for listening. let's go watch star trek together".

-Who do you think are the most relevant musicians nowdays?
I'd say the most relevant contemporary musicians are those who do it in the pursuit art for art's sake.

-What is your favourite book and movie?

i don't know if i could pin down my favorite book. possibly the moon is down, by john steinbeck. i was also greatly influenced by henry miller's tropic of cancer. my favorite movie would have to be any featuring the cast of star trek: the next generation.

-How and where do you see yourself in ten years from now?

In ten years i see my self relaxing in my flat in paris.

-Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Beatles or The Stones? ......the kinks!

follow us on facebook and tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment